Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My weird ways of thinking

I'm pretty sure people are going to think I'm crazy after reading this... or maybe agree? Well which ever one go at it. So here is a totally bizarre scenario that I'm frequently thinking about. I'll try as hard as I can to make it make sense. (: Okay... I'm always thinking what if people do not see the same colors. Like for example you put two people in a yellow room and ask them what the color of the room is. They could both respond "yellow" but what if my yellow is really purple but I've always heard it called yellow so there for I just call it yellow? Or what if your yellow is really my blue? Who knows!! I know that sounds totally doubtful but what if..!! I'm glad that my Aunt April also thinks this. That's a little reassuring. I know I haven't wrote a blog in a bazillion years but thanks to my five loyal blog followers that didn't dump me (: More blogs to come I promise!!

12 comments:

Krissy said...

I have to say that I've been asking that question my entire life, haha.

kado! said...

☺ Now you got 6 loyal Blog followers....and hmm..what if my "light yellow" is really your "bright yellow" and viceversa? That is definitely something to ponder...I think I might actually be confused for the rest of the evening!!! LOL!!☺

Cute blog!

Chandy said...

Hello, I found your blog thru your aunt's giveaway.

In reality, many people do see colors as it is but call it differently or even describe a color as a taste or an emotion. It is called SYNESTHESIA.
Our brain sometimes has a wonderful way of connecting to our emotions and other senses that give each color a whole different meaning!

Here's a link:
http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/syne.html

Tori C. said...

Hi there! Your aunt sent me to say hello - cute blog! I love your header!

Rachel Ann said...

Kinzerella...keep up the good working blogging!!! I like this thought process....what if my yellow really is your blue? Hmmm...something to think about!

... said...

Oooo.

I'll follow :]

Cindy DG said...

You know, i agree with the color thing. I can't even count how many times my husband has described something as one color and I think its a completely different color! CRAZY!
Cindy
http://vegetarianmamma.blogspot.com
camdg(at)columbus.rr.com

Megan said...

You're not crazy. I think those that are color blind wonder what "normal" people are really seeing since their colors are off.

Visiting from April Showers. =)

Unknown said...

I've thought about this too!! My hubby thinks things are blue that I think are purple! P.S. your aunt sent me!

Rosie said...

I've wondered the same thing! youre not alone!

Lauren said...

Oddly enough, I've pondered this many times. Vision is different from person to person, so I would imagine that tone and intensity of color might be as well. Interesting thought isn't it?

Nessa said...

I too have thopught a lot about this. Especially after trying to choose paint colors with my husband. There were s many times that we were looking at the same color, yet describing two completely different things! So, you are not alone!

I too found you via your aunt's blog. I have a little sister your age, so it's nice to hear things from a teenage perspective. I am definately going to start following you!